Articles of Interest to the HealthCare Provider
1. The Nevada Healthcare Provider’s Guide to The HIPAA “Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information” 45 CFR Parts 160 and 164, (including correlation with relevant Nevada law.)
2. The Nevada Healthcare Provider’s Guide To The Application of Nevada’s Medical Information Confidentiality Laws under the HIPAA Privacy Standards.
3. The Nevada Healthcare Providers Guide to the Release of Medical Information Pursuant to a Subpoena under The HIPAA Privacy Rule.
4. Consent to Treatment in Nevada.
5. Subpoena Duces Tecum and the HIPAA Privacy Regulations. (With Don Havins, M.D., Esq.)
6. The Federal Volunteer Protection Act and the Nevada Health Professional (With Don Havins, M.D., Esq.)
7. Arrangements with DME Vendors – Are You Asking for Trouble?
All of the above were published to membership by the Washoe and Clark County Medical Societies.
8. Stark II (and IV?)…in Brief. Hospital Healthlink, December 2007, a publication of the Nevada Hospital Association.
Articles of Interest to the Nevada Lawyer
The Nevada Lawyers Guide to the Release of Medical Information Pursuant to a Subpoena under the HIPAA Privacy Rule. Nevada Lawyer, July 2003; The Writ, July 2003.
When Data Is Lost: Must Customers be Notified? Nevada Business Journal, February, 2007.